Tuesday, October 9, 2018

DJ Format's Psych Out compilation gets a vinyl repress

DJ Format's head-noddin' Psych Out collection of fuzz enhanced global goodies is now available on vinyl from BBE

Sez Matt Ford aka DJ Format: 
"The idea for this compilation came about because of my search for a rare psych/funk 7″ that isn’t even included here! My friend DJ Oneofakind played me the said record and I totally lost my mind. Some months later after a lot of asking around and searching online, a copy turned up on Discogs.com for a painful amount of money. I contacted the seller to ask a couple of questions and it turned out I was talking to Jake Holloway, BBE’s in-house designer. I’d loosely known Jake for a few years through mutual friends so we quickly arranged a time to meet and take care of business. Jake told me he’d offered the 7″ to a few other DJ/collector friends but they’d passed on it as it was ‘too heavy’ for them. This got us talking about my love for psych records with a funky slant and I explained my frustration at buying so many records that fit that description, that were ‘too heavy’ to play at my typical DJ gigs. Jake had the perfect solution: 'why don’t you do a compilation of funky, fuzzed-out psych stuff for BBE?'"



00:01 1. The Quests - Hava Nagila
00:27 2. The Tijuana Brats - Karate Chop
00:55 3. Rainbow Family - Travellin' Lady
01:21 4. The CT Four Plus - Exodus II
01:48 5. 49th Blue Streak - Foxy Lady
02:16 6. Bana Pop Band - Jet Pop
02:44 7. La Logia Sarabanda - Todos O Ninguno
03:11 8. Friar Tuck & His Psychedelic Guitar - Louis, Louis
03:35 9. Flamengo - Tyden v elektrickém meste
04:03 10. Sergio Ferraresi - Time of Machines
04:29 11. Krzysztof Klenczon - Nie Przejdziemy Do Historii
04:56 12. Aleksandr Sergeyevich Zatsepin - The Shaman's Dance
05:21 13. Pro Arte - Stari Dvorac

No comments:

Post a Comment