Wednesday, July 19, 2023

"Spring Grain" – the official breakfast cereal of the Go-Betweens?

Word is that Robert Forster's Spring Grain muesli is very nutty and far from sweet. Can't wait for the "Dusty In Here" floor mop.


Here's the scoop from Robert Forster...

Greetings from London.

Here it is. It’s happened. After years of preparation and final months of manufacture, Spring Grain, the organic signature Robert Forster Muesli is now on the market.

It is in 500 gram bespoke boxes designed by long time collaborator Matt Cooper. Three boxes of the muesli were given to me last night when I was being interviewed on Soho Radio by Pete Paphides. Pete, who runs the excellent Needle Mythology record label, who have re-released Danger In The Past and Calling From A Country Phone on vinyl, has created a new company Breakast Mythology - Spring Grain being the first line.

Pete handed me three boxes last night and I was instantly reminded of when dear friend Damian Nelson of the Able Label first handed me a copy of the Lee Remick/Karen single all those years ago. It is that significant. I couldn’t believe I was holding something I had a hand in creating. A dream had come true.

So this morning at my inner city London hotel I had to sneak down a cup of my OWN muesli to the breakfast room, hoping I would be undetected. I pored it into a bowl, added milk and sliced banana, and ate in secret bliss. It’s my own mix, and if you have seen the Tender Years video, the jars I am reaching for hold the blend of ingredients that are in Spring Grain.

I shall write more very soon. More work on Boxset 3 to do now after a very successful start yesterday. Thought I would write. I hope my excitement is not annoying. But this is a big moment. I will explain where it can be ordered. And needless to say there is an entire Philosophy behind my wish to make a muesli.

Must go.

Fond Regards

Robert


Here's Robert performing the Go-Betweens classic "Spring Rain"


No comments:

Post a Comment