Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Toronto MC D-Sisive reconnects with Muneshine for The Blue Boat

D-Sisive's new 6-track Blue Boat EP was produced with longtime collaborator Muneshine for headphone listening.


Here's the scoop from D-Sisive...

I'm proud of all of my releases. Well...the ones from 2008 and onwards [haha]. But this one? THIS...ONE? Yikes.

The story behind The Blue Boat has been living in my head for 32 years. I can still vividly remember standing at Tony's bedside completely overwhelmed by the experience. I didn't fully process what was happening, but it impacted me major. Every now and then, something would trigger a memory of Tony, and I'd be right back in his apartment on Northcliffe Blvd.

Once I started releasing more introspective-type music, Tony went from a memory to a story I had to tell. But the moment had to be perfect. And after everything I've been through over the past 8 years - it can't get any more perfect than now.

The Blue Boat isn't a conventional EP. It's unlike anything I've ever released. This is in a league of its own. It's not Hip-Hop. It's not background music at a party. The Blue Boat requires commitment, and is best experienced via headphones. You need to close your eyes, and really take the story in. Feel the words and music. I know that's a lot to ask, but I believe this story is very powerful, and has potential to shift the world.

I pray The Blue Boat gets the attention I believe it deserves, and I pray you love it as much as I do. The idea of Tony is in all of us, and it's our responsibility to make sure we don't fade out like he did.

I want to thank my brother, Muneshine, for bringing this to life with me. None of this could be done without you. I believe our lives will change as soon as this is unleashed.

I also want to thank YOU. Because without you, I'd be rapping to the walls, and this would all be pointless. I truly mean it.

I love you.

Derek 

Check out D-Sisive's latest,  The Blue Boat via Bandcamp right here. For further D-Sisive listening, visit Urbnet over here








No comments:

Post a Comment