Friday, December 4, 2020

Nicole Atkins shares "Every Single Christmas"

Nicole Atkins co-wrote "Every Single Christmas" with JD McPherson and cut it with The Hives' guitarist Nicholaus Arson. 

Sez Nicole...
"A couple years ago I had this idea for a Christmas song chorus that reminded me of Brenda Lee and Ronnie Ronette called “Every Single Christmas.” My good friend JD McPherson, finished the song and included it on his now iconic 50’s style holiday record, “Socks.” Since then, I’ve always kept hearing it in my head as a fast and wild Christmas punk song…like Cyndi Lauper and Brenda Lee, the spirit of the NY Dolls and the Ramone’s “Palisades Park” all rolled up into a National Lampoon’s Christmas movie. 

"Since we’re all home due to the pandemic, my band and I recorded this song at a socially distanced session down at Muscle Shoals Sound, down in Muscle Shoals, Alabama. You know, the legendary place where they made albums from the Stones, Staples Singers, Paul Simon, and little ol’ me with this year’s “Italian Ice.” Then I sent the tracks over to northern Sweden so my friend Nicholaus Arson, guitarist from the world’s greatest live band, The Hives, could play guitar and organ on it. After that I sang the vocal in my home studio, aka closet and my husband mixed it at our home. I wanted to make a holiday song that I haven’t heard in a long time or maybe I have never heard before, so here it is. “Every Single Christmas.” Enjoy!"

Get the limited-run picture disc 7" via Bandcamp right here. But act fast, there are only 100 copies pressed. Check the video below. 


Credits:
Nicole Atkins - vocals 
Nicholaus Arson- guitar, organ, bells 
Steven Cooper- guitar 
Spencer Duncan- bass 
Danny Banks- drums 

Recorded at Muscle Shoals Sound, Muscle Shoals, AL 
Hive Manor, Ratvik, Sweden 
Flabby Toad Studio, Nashville TN 

Written by Nicole Atkins & JD McPherson


No comments:

Post a Comment