Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Rick White salutes The Sadies

Singer/songwriter Rick White recently shared seven songs from his Rick White plays The Sadies tribute project.

Sez Rick White...

I love the Sadies. I love the guys, their big loving family, seeing them play, playing with them in the Unintended or as a guest during one of their concerts. I also think they made a bunch of great albums with many wonderful songs and lyrics. I've been actually planning this project for many years but the shock of Dallas's sudden passing we all experienced in February has finally set me into motion. So now, as a loving tribute to Dallas and the guys, i'm recording my own versions of a bunch of my favourite Sadies songs. Both to help me deal with some emotions, and just to share with you all who may enjoy hearing it too. It's been a great way to really get inside of their lyrics and playing i love at a much deeper level. 

Instead of waiting for a full albums worth of songs to be complete, i've decided to upload them here in clumps. Adding more tunes every so often until the 14 i've got planned have been finished. 

Thanks for listening, hope you dig it. 

Long live The Sadies. 

Get a digital version of the songs right here. Watch Rick White play a few songs with the members of The Sadies as The Unintended back in 2006 below. 


Rick White plays The Sadies

1. ANOTHER SEASON AGAIN 

2. TRANSLUCENT SPARROW 

3. OAK RIDGES 

4. A SIMPLE ASPIRATION 

5. CUT CORNERS 

6. THE VERY BEGINNING 

7. YOURS TO DISCOVER 

cover pic of me taken by Dallas, framed band pic by Amanda Schenk. 

All songs written by The Sadies 

All instruments, vocals and production by Rick White.





No comments:

Post a Comment