Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Peter Case turns to his fans to help complete two new albums

Peter Case sees Doctor Moan as a full-band recording and Midnight Broadcast as a stripped-down late night blues affair. 
Here's the scoop...
Singer/songwriter Peter Case is currently working on two separate albums, Doctor Moan and The Midnight Broadcast.

"Album no. 1, Doctor Moan, will be an album of original songs about NOW, performed in the studio with a unique electric and acoustic band, and is the follow up to 2015's HWY 62. It will be a "full service" recording, with songs delivering a wide range of emotions and reactions to life at the end of the second decade of the twenty first century.  I live for, and am dedicated to writing, recording, and releasing albums like this. The music occupies all my attention and time, and the recording sessions are bright moments, but also super intense.

"Album no. 2, The Midnight Broadcast, will be new studio recordings of blues songs in my repertoire.  People have been asking me to make a blues album like this for years, and these songs are always highlights in my live shows. This will be a great late night listening experience, also suitable for long car rides, and other moments available for listening and rumination. I'm hoping to deliver to my audience some of the richness I received from listening to the great country and city blues masters, since I was a kid. This album is also a tribute to my friend and mentor Michael Wilhelm, a founding member of San Francisco's Charlatans, who passed away in May 2019.  Michael was the first serious musician I met when I came to the West Coast, and taught me by example many elements of his guitar style.

"I'm putting the two recordings together to express the most complete picture of what music has always meant to me, a combination of rock & roll, folk & country, jazz & gospel, and traditional blues styles, along with my own personal inspirations and inclinations, all married to lyrics with fresh language and stories of the twenty-first century."

After just 18 days running, Peter Case's Kickstarter campaign has already reached $31,142 (Canadian) of his set goal of $52,904 (Canadian). If you'd like to contribute, follow this link.

Those who pledge $34 (Canadian) or more will receive a digital download of both albums (estimated delivery in June 2020). Anyone pledging $67 (Canadian) or more will be sent signed CD copies of both albums while those contributing $94 (Canadian) or more will get signed vinyl copies of both albums. Check the clips below and visit Peter Case's site http://petercase.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment