Monday, August 12, 2019

Redd Kross cover When Do I Get To Sing "My Way" by Sparks

Redd Kross are celebrating Ron Mael's birthday today with their release of a Sparks cover from their forthcoming album. 
Here's the scoop...
Today, Redd Kross have released “When Do I Get To Sing 'My Way'” the latest single to be lifted from their much anticipated album Beyond The Door out August 23 on Merge Records. On “When Do I Get To Sing 'My Way'" Redd Kross reinterpret the beloved Sparks single with a new blast of fresh hooks and hummable melodies.

About the cover Sparks' Ron Mael says, "Redd Kross has always been one of my favorite bands and that opinion was cemented when I heard their amazing version of our 'When Do I Get To Sing 'My Way.'" To do a version of that song with a completely different musical approach from the original while keeping every ounce of the original sentiment was an amazing feat. I love it!"

Check out Redd Kross's interpretation of When Do I Get To Sing "My Way" followed by a video for the original Sparks version.




No comments:

Post a Comment