Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Donnie Fritts records tribute to pal Arthur Alexander

Donnie Fritts has called his salute to fellow Florence, Alabama legend "June" which was Arthur Alexander's nickname – short for Junior.

Donnie Fritts writes...
"I'm proud to announce my new record. It's called June, and it's a tribute to my friend, the late, great Muscle Shoals R&B legend, Arthur Alexander.

"Over four evenings in 2017, me and my friends John Paul White, David Hood, Ben Tanner & Reed Watson gathered at Muscle Shoals Sound Studio to lay down basic tracks and bring this vision to life – a tribute to my friend and my hero.

"These ten tracks are mostly Arthur's songs, some we co-wrote, and they chronicle our relationship and songwriting partnership. June opens with the title track, a song I wrote shortly after Arthur's death in 1993. It was such an honor to do this album, and I hope it means as much to you as it does to me and my family.

"June will be released locally on July 27 (with an album release show in Florence, Alabama at 116 E Mobile) and worldwide on August 31. The first single, our version of the 1962 hit "You Better Move On", is available right now on streaming services. If you preorder a copy of the album, I'll sign it for you. Just click right here." It's also available as a download right here.

Check out Donnie's own version of "Rainbow Road" (off 1974's Prone To Lean album) which Arthur Alexander turned into his signature tune.




No comments:

Post a Comment