Thursday, June 28, 2018

Fishin' musician Chris Coole combines obsessions for The Road To The River

Lonesome Ace Stringband picker deluxe Chris Coole has recorded some tunes about fishing for a good cause.


Here's Chris Coole's statement about his new project
"I wanted to let you know about a new project that is very special to me. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a bit of a nut for fishing. It's something I've done my whole life, and there's always been a connection between music and fishing to me. Over the years, on several different albums, I've recorded music that has in one way or another been inspired by fishing and the places I fish. I've always wanted to put them all together in one place, and add some newer ones that I hadn't had the chance to record...the result is Road to the River - A Collection of 14 Tunes and Songs Inspired by the Fishing Passion.

"The album features 9 previously recorded tracks, and 5 brand new ones, and is a benefit for the Elk River Alliance (ERA). Based in Fernie BC, the ERA is a community-based water group that aims to connect people to the Elk River ensuring it is drinkable, fishable and swimmable for future generations. 100% of the profits from this album will go directly to the ERA. Fernie has become a home away from home for me when I'm on the road and there's nothing I like more than fishing in the Elk River and its tributaries. I know some of the folks who work with the ERA and I respect their dedication and inclusive approach to protecting the water in a way that serves the whole community (not just, but including, fisherpeople).

"You can read more about the project, hear the album, and hopefully order a copy (or download) off the website: www.road2theriver.com. This is the only place to get it, and once again, all the money from your order goes directly to the ERA. If you know have any friends that you think might be interested in supporting this project, please forward this email along.

"I think this collection is some of my best work. I'm joined by some amazing musicians such as Andrew Collins, Ben Winship, John Showman, Chris Quinn, Erynn Marshall, Arnie Naiman, Brian Wicklund, Max Heineman, Burke Carrol, Brian Kobayakawa, and Andrew Downing, just to name a few. I hope you'll take the time to check it out!" – Chris Coole

For more information about Chris Coole and his upcoming gigs, go to https://www.chriscoole.com. Check out "Deer River" below, of which Chris says "The Deer River (as it is locally known) flows into Belmont Lake, and is where I like to be in May when the pickerel (walleye) season begins."





No comments:

Post a Comment