Sunday, October 11, 2026

Deke Dickerson just acquired a 1963 Mosrite Ventures Model 6-string bass

Here's something you don't see every day – or ever – an original 1963 sunburst Mosrite Ventures model 6-string bass!

Writes Deke...

"One of the coolest instruments I’ve ever encountered, an all-original 1963 Mosrite Ventures model 6-string bass.  They made one in 1963 (probably for the  NAMM trade show), and another blue one in 1966.

"I got this thing a couple months ago, but the tailpiece was about to pull off from string tension.  It had a couple other minor issues.  My friend, Garrett Immel (@garrett_immel) put his magic touch on it, and now it plays like a dream. 

"This instrument was part of Artie’s collection at Front Porch Music for many decades in Bakersfield.  I’m glad to be the caretaker of this incredible instrument now."

Watch a short clip of Deke playing his Mosrite 6-string bass right here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment