Saturday, February 10, 2024

Jadea Kelly turns to fans to help finish her new Weather Girl album

Whitby singer/songwriter Jadea Kelly launched a Kickstarter campaign for her new record being produced by Jim Bryson. 


Here's the pitch from Jadea...

I wrote an album!!! And her name is Weather Girl :) 

So. Weather Girl is a name coined by my tour mate - Ryan O'Reilly - while on tour this past year. He jokingly used it to describe my debilitating barometric pressure headaches. Any big change in any weather pattern unfortunately sends me into a nausea induced ocular migraine. The name stuck and it appears to bring people immense joy. Weather Girl is a playful nickname but she's also my super hero alter ego with 'the worst super power ever' ie predicting storms via migraines and nausea haha. Metaphorically, the album title and album represents my personal ability to withstand and weather all of life's changes. With grace and grounding. My best work to date.

Weather Girl features 12 beautiful new songs, which will be produced primarily by the amazing Jim Bryson. Thanks to the Canada Council for the Arts I was able to spend the past year and a half writing this album. 

However, I need your help to bring this album to the finish line. Specifically, I need help with the costs of production, mixing, mastering, album layout, vinyl duplication, Canadian publicity, US radio, UK publicity, animated lyric videos, official musical videos and live videos. I am my own label (Darth Jadea Music) and truly rely on the support of my fans to make my music HEARD. Releasing these songs without a proper marketing campaign or compelling visual components is a waste, in my opinion. My 5th studio album.

A majority of these songs will be produced by Jim Bryson, but tracks such as 'Without Me' will be produced by LA producer Bill Lefler. 'Saint Hubert's Eve' and 'Start With Sorry' will be produced by Liam Blomqvist, Ryan O'Reilly and myself. 

Weather Girl also features co writes from the likes of Rich Jacques, Joh Chase, Jim Bryson, Cassie Boettcher, Garrison Starr, Erin O'Neill, Robby Hecht and Ryan O'Reilly.

SO thankful for your support!!!!

Love Jadea, aka Weather Girl (WG)

Those interested in helping Jadea Kelly complete her Weather Girl album should visit her Kickstarter page right here. Check the tracklisting below. 



Jadea Kelly – Weather Girl

Solo

Get to Come Back (ft. Jenn Grant)

Saint Hubert's Eve (ft. Ryan O'Reilly)

Start With Sorry

Without Me

Lake Louise (ft. Ken Yates)

Waiting For You (ft. Zoe Sky Jordan)

So What If I'm Lonely 

Thirteen 

Who Wouldn't Wanna Love You (ft. Garrison Starr)

Angels

Star Sign 



No comments:

Post a Comment