Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Chip Taylor announces new album Behind The Sky due in early 2024

Listen to the first song "Other SIde of the Moon" from Chip Taylor's forthcoming album Behind The Sky below.  


Here's the scoop from Chip...

Hi Friends - My new album is coming early 2024.  It's called Behind The Sky and is the first one we've recorded all together as a band since Yonkers NY. I wrote all the songs during the time I was undergoing radiation and chemotherapy treatment earlier this year. Some of you were there when the band all came together for a performance to celebrate the wonderful doctors and nurses who helped me through that difficult time. Following the show, Goran Grini, John Platania, Tony Mercadante and Tony Leone and I went into the studio and recorded all the new songs in a few days.

The first one you can hear is a special song for me - Other Side of the Moon. In this song, “it’s your father Elmer here ..” refers to my father, Elmer Samuel Voight, who, along with my mom Barbara, would never let us go through a day without their not-so-silent message of standing up for the “other guy”.

You can hear it here right now...




No comments:

Post a Comment