Thursday, June 22, 2023

Tad Doyle tries new vocal approach with synth-enhanced Forgotten Sciences

Nearly three years in the works, Tad Doyle's latest project "Forgotten Sciences" is finally being released on Friday (June 23). 


Here's the scoop from Tad...

“I received my copy today and I’m very excited that this is coming out. I have been working on this project in piecemeal for over two and a half years. June 23 will see it released.

This work is special to me because it marks a point in time where I was going through a lot of anxiety and depression.  In fact, the whole theme of this record is about learning to recognize the many facets of egoic harm and coming out on the other side of it all.  I won’t go into the details about these things.  Just know that I remembered who I am as a result of this work.  

I rejoined with a lot of tools that helped me in the past as well as learning new ones along the way.  While the path expands and unfolds, I feel healthier as a result of letting these things out in the form of music and honest words.  Calling out the mental demons and untruths is not an easy thing to do.  To communicate these ideas that are very personal and letting them out into the wild has been an exercise in trusting my true self.  A new level of freedom and openness has come forth as a result and I am glad that I worked through  it.  

Of the many things I did; one was to seek a deeper connection to my spiritual life and receive professional counseling to enable discovery of the truth and get to the bottom of the things that have not served me in this journey of life for far too long.  I had no idea how much psychic trauma I was carrying since early in life. Hopefully, with enough practice and work, the past will hold no bearing on my present compass.  This is the way. This is the work. This is the truth.

Things that you can expect to hear on this record:  A lot of synthesizers. Real acoustic drums. Spoken word. Vocal stylings with three and four part harmonies. Fractals of interweaving instruments and voice, both rhythmically and melodically. 

Thanks for all your support throughout the years and especially to those who contributed to this work. I am forever in gratitude to you all.” – Thomas Andrew Doyle

Get a copy of Tad Doyle's "Forgotten Sciences" album right here. Check out an album teaser clip and the video for the track "Skies Full Of Coal"




No comments:

Post a Comment