Wednesday, February 15, 2023

R.I.P. Jörg Evers of The Pack, 1950-2023

Sadly, Jörg Evers of Munich-based punk group The Pack and Amon Düül II has passed away. He'll be greatly missed.  

 
Seems like the February passing of Jörg Evers – the musical genius behind legendary Munich punk outsiders known as Pack – deserved much more press attention, considering their gob-smackin' 1978 debut was among the most exciting releases of the entire punk era. Just a quick and brutal cash-in some might argue, perhaps, but then, so was Never Mind The Bollocks. Each time I drop needle on the Pack's widely slept on classic, I think back to the days before the interweb, when punk collector types were passing around their want lists of grail items they only dreamed of owning. They'd wax on at length to my old pal Imants Krumins and I about a new discovery from somewhere in Europe or England in late 70s and Imants would invariably respond, "yeah, it's OK... but not as good as the Pack" and I'd always have to agree. Rest in Power Jörg Evers! 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment