Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Dave Alvin puts out prose and poetry compendium New Highway

Blasters' songwriter/guitarist Dave Alvin wants to make it clear New Highway is not a tell-all memoir. That's still in the works.  

Here's the scoop from Dave Alvin...

I'm extremely excited and a bit nervous to announce that today is the big release day for my latest book 

New Highway: Selected Lyrics, Poems, Prose, Essays, Eulogies And Blues.

It's published by BMG Books and is available now from both the major online book sellers (you know who I mean) as well as from your favorite local bookstore. 

Included in this collection are the words to many of my songs that you normally can't hear over the enthusiastic din of my often too loud guitar. There are also various pieces I've written over the years for newspapers, magazines, small press poetry journals and album liner notes as well as many never before published musings from my personal notebooks. 

I must stress that it's not a memoir (that book is coming soon) but an anthology of my writings on music, musicians, songwriters, poets, (with a few colorful nere-do-wells popping up occasionally) and how they've affected, inspired and guided me throughout my life/career. I sincerely hope that some of the pieces in New Highway might help inspire and guide you as well as we make our way through our wild, insane, beautiful world.

You can get New Highway via Dave Alvin's site: https://www.davealvin.net. Dave tells you about his latest book right here

1964 Stratocaster by Fender and handmade DA pillow (above) by Michelle Van Halen.




No comments:

Post a Comment