Tuesday, April 12, 2022

See Kurt Vile's "Like Exploding Stones" video off his Watch My Moves album

The video for Kurt Vile's "Like Exploding Stones" was shot by Sean Dunne. You can get (watch my moves) right here.  

Sez Kurt...
Sometimes at night a song comes into my head like a flash bolt of inspiration… other nights I feel inspired anyway… welp… “Tonight’s the day, candle.” Sometimes I think about Kim Gordon’s semi-childlike vocal delivery cutting through the best wall of noise in the 90s (when I wuz a teen.) I remember skateboarding downhill on plumstead Avenue (the street I grew up on in lansdowne…) full-blasting cypress hill Temple of Boom straight from cassette Walkman into my ear drums… that musta been in 97 (?) … 95 (?) … I flash back to those places a lot, I dunno why but it’s beautiful. I’ve been told I have a dangerous memory. (As in I remember everything.) Thanks, you’re right and it’s a gift. I’m also gifted with killer fans. I’m so excited to come out and connect with all of you again from the stage. I realized at some point I write music tailored for obsessives (like myself) and sensitive souls (I’m sensitive!) …life is beautiful, man, but life is heavy: but I love you. This morning I discovered this thing called Instagram. There are so many people I wanna thank but they only allow so many words. Totally grateful and indebted to my family, Suz, awilda and Delph and my manager rennie and my new label family at verve and my old label family at matador and so many others. I’ll list y’all on the next one! This is my best record. It’s a masterpiece! (They always are.) It’s where I’m at, haha… This is me come into my own, son, at 42. Anyone that might not see it should listen again cuz that’s the kinda music I make (the kind made to play over n over). Btw I’m totally grateful for all the reviews. Thanks for the support! Couldn’t have done it without so many. Sending so much love out to the world. We need a lot of it. Trying to hone in on it, gotta grab hold of somethin. - KV
 

No comments:

Post a Comment