Friday, August 5, 2016

Handsome Family's new album "Unseen" due September 16

Listen to "Back In My Day" and "Gold" off the Handsome Family's new Unseen album which you can pre-order here.

The Handsome Family's Rennie Sparks discusses the inspiration for Back In My Day... 
“Back in My Day grew out of my frustration at the new street lights put up around our house in Albuquerque, New Mexico. It no longer gets dark here. We get a half-twilight orange dusk for a few hours and then the sun comes up again. I miss the dark night. I miss the stars and the calm that comes from looking out into black space.

"In this darkness-deprived state I can’t be held responsible for whatever false memories pop into my head, but I truly do remember playing music on rings of ice. I remember trying to fold a map. I remember feeling the entire forest watching me as I wandered off into the pines. Brett says all the instruments used to record this song were actually made from ice. He still wears a wristwatch. It may not be removable. He has seen monsters in the sea.”



Handsome Family – Unseen (Loose)
 SIDE A
1. Gold
2. The Silver Light
3. Back In My Day
4. Tiny Tina
5. Underneath The Falls
SIDE B
1. The Sea Rose
2. The Red Door
3. Gentlemen
4. King Of Dust
5. Green Willow Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment